Last updated on October 19th, 2016
Why Write For Sleep Junkies?
Becoming a guest blogger at Sleep Junkies is a great way to gain extra exposure for your website or organisation. With thousands of readers visiting our site every month, placing an article on our site can be a rewarding experience and generate a lot of interest.
How Does It Work?
It’s easy to become a guest blogger at Sleep Junkies. Simply pitch us an idea or two about what you’d like to write and we’ll get back to you.
Please note, if your pitch has nothing whatsoever to do with the topic of sleep, it will hit the trash instantly. We are not interested in articles about Pokemon, or home security, or pet care products or anything else, apart from SLEEP! 🙂
If we like your content we’ll publish on our site and in return we’ll include a short bio where you’ll also be able to place a link to your own site, product or service.
All we ask is that you follow the guidelines below. We don’t want to waste your time, so make sure that your content fulfils all of our criteria otherwise your post is likely to be rejected.
What Kind of Content Should You Post?
Sleep Junkies covers just about everything to do with sleep, from health issues to productivity tips. If you’re stuck for ideas for what to write, a great idea for inspiration is to check out our Twitter feed. Here you’ll find links to hundreds of stories, news items and scientific studies that should give you an idea of the types of topics we like to cover at Sleep Junkies.
What we’re not looking for are generic articles such as “What is Insomnia?” or “5 ways to sleep better at night”. We’re much more likely to publish your post if you come up with an interesting angle on some new sleep research, or tell an engaging ‘life story’.
In order to provide the best exposure and to provide our visitors with highly informative articles, we take a thorough look at each article to make sure it meets our high quality standards.
- Be original: this means your post has not previously been published anywhere else. We’re only interested in fresh content so we check all of our submission via Copyscape to eliminate plagiarism.
- Length of article: we’re not bothered about word count. If your post only has 300 words but it’s a great piece we’ll publish it. In the same way, if it takes 2000 words to tell your story, we’re not going to complain.
- Tone: please write in your own voice, this is a guest post after all. We just ask that the tone match the subject matter. For instance if you’re describing about a life -threatening disease we would not expect you to write in a jokey style. We welcome all types of articles, from reviews, to op-eds to news reports.
- No sales pitches: Sleep Junkies does not accept guest posts that are commercial in nature. Please don’t waste anybody’s time; sales letters or press release type articles will automatically be rejected. If you have a product or service you wish to mention, please link to these in the author bio.
- References: if you are describing any kind of scientific study, we ask that you add links to the original research. Credibility is very important to us so if you’re making any claims, you’ll need to provide the evidence to back it up!
- Images: Unless it’s absolutely necessary please do not submit any images, we’ll take care of that. If a specific image is vital to your post, let us know.
- Publication: in submitting a guest post you agree that all content becomes property of SleepJunkies.com. We also reserve the right to reject and/or edit your post. You also agree that you agree that no compensation, financial or otherwise will be given for your article.
- Links: We generally do not allow promotional links in the body of the article itself, however we can include a do-follow link or two to your website or social media profile in your author bio at the end of the article.