From sleep paralysis to narcolepsy, sleepwalking to exploding head syndrome, we take a look at the myriad of sleep disorders that affect millions round the world.
More In SLEEP DISORDERS
- Rising to the challenge: narcolepsy advocate Julie Flygare
- What does science say about ‘paranormal’ sleep experiences?
- Explainer: What are Parasomnias?
- Bruxism – the silent night-time killer of smiles
- Sleepwalking: an evolutionary survival mechanism gone wrong?
- The nightmare of sleep paralysis demons, witches and ghouls
- Sleep sex on trial: is ‘sexsomnia’ a genuine disorder?
- 10 freaky sleepwalking incidents you won’t want to mimic
- Night terrors are not the same thing as nightmares
- What is nocturnal asthma?
- Insomnia and the menopause
- Kleine-Levin Syndrome (Sleeping Beauty Syndrome)
- A guide to sleep bruxism (teeth grinding)
- Explainer: what is narcolepsy?
- Sleepwalking explained
- Nightmare disorders explained
- Central Sleep Apnea
- The full list of sleep disorders (ICSD-2)
- Nocturnal enuresis (Bed wetting)
- Hypersomnia and extreme sleepiness
- REM sleep behaviour disorder (RBD)
- 8 stranger than fiction sleep disorders
- Coping with childhood night terrors
- Restless Leg Syndrome (RLS)